Products and Services
Through the Comprehensive Services Program (CSP), TVA and Elizabethton Electric provide engineering and technical assistance for commercial and industrial customers. CSP covers all areas of energy use, including power analysis, technical services, energy use and preventive maintenance.
Services are listed below:
- Power Analysis
- Power Quality: Studies address voltage problems originating inside or outside the facility that adversely affect power quality.
- Metering: We install temporary metering equipment to gather data on facility electrical usage.
- Power Factor: Metering and recommendations to correct for low power factor.
- Grounding/Lightning: Grounding study, grounding testing, and lightning-protection recommendations.
- Demand-Side Management: Monitoring and testing electrical systems and recommendations related to managing peak demand.
- Energy Use
- Energy Audits: General survey of energy use in a facility and recommendations one energy management opportunities, process, and facility improvements.
- Water Heating: Studies explore heat-pump water-heater applications, standard energy-efficient water heaters, and cost comparison of electric versus fossil-fuel systems.
- Technical Services
- HVAC:Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning studies examine the sizing of HVAC equipment, offer heating-and-cooling system comparisons, investigate problems with existing systems, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Lighting: Studies provide recommendations for the design of lighting systems in such places as sports fields, roadways, parking lots, and commercial and industrial plants.
- Wiring and Electrical Distribution Equipment: Studies analyze the facility’s distribution system, including the sizing of wiring and equipment, and provide recommendations for system improvement.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Infrared Scans: Infrared scans of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, bus and conductor connections for hot spots, as well as scans for facility heating- and-cooling loss.
- Ultrasonic Testing: Ultrasound technology can locate compressed air leaks caused by vibration, holes in hoses, loose joints and cracks.