Welcome to Elizabethon
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ELIZABETHTON ELECTRIC CUSTOMERS
Current restrictions and Government mandates brought about by Covid-19 have caused us to change how we conduct daily business. Until further notice our lobby is closed to the public. You can still pay online, by phone, or use our drive throu window. We have installed a new drive throu drop box, located at the old entrance to our drive throu, that can be accessed without leaving your vehicle.. Please notice that the traffic pattern has changed to accommodate the new drop box. The old entrance is now exit only. Please use the new entrance closer to Stateline road to access both the drive throu and the new drop box, look for the new directional signs. Please call 423-542-1100 if you have any questions or need assistance
Trimming (vegetation control) is performed on a continuous rotating schedule. Each year new circuits are scheduled. You may Click this map link to see an overview of this years trim area.
The circuits from year 2019 trimming still being completed are as follows,
- Hatcher Lane 214 leading from the Elizabethton Electric Office to Gap Creek rd. Then northward to Marry Patton Highway intersection, and southward along Gap Creek road past Loveless Rd. This includes taps running out Big springs, Bob Little Rd. Colonial Acres, Jim -Elliott rd., Marian Branch rd. and Earl Taylor Rd.
- Winner 274 running from Reno Lane westerly toward Elizabethton along Stony Creek Rd to Rex Shown Rd. this includes taps for Danner Rd., Price Rd., Little Stony Creek Rd., George Bowers.
- Winner 264 running from Reno Lane Southward to C Grindstaff Rd., to include Willow Springs, Nave Hollow. Bishop Hollow and Wilbur Dam Road.
- Winner 284 running from Reno Lane north eastward to Ao Buckles rd., Holston Mountain tap, along with all side roads joining back to stony Creek Highway.
- Winner 294 running from Ao Buckles Rd to the end of Elizabethton Electric System Line past Laurel Hollow Rd., To include all side roads from Stoney Creek Rd.
The circuits for year 2020 trimming to begin July are as follows,
- Hampton 224 Feeder, from Hampton to Valley forge then NE out Siam to Woodland and SW out Long and Jenkins Hollow to Green Acres.
- Hampton 234 Feeder, from HWY 321 southward to Doeriver Gorge
- Hampton 244 Feeder, from Crook St. south through Rittertown to Browns Branch and South westerly Gap Creek to Sciota.
- Hampton 254 Feeder, from substation North East to Lakeshore and South East to Dennis Cove.
- Okolona 264 Feeder, Feeds Old Buffalo, Rock House, Laurels and Toll Branch roads.
About Elizabethton Electric
Elizabethton Electric Department (EED) was founded in 1945 as a publicly-owned power distributor. EED buys energy generated by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and distributes it for sale to its customers.
EED provides electric power to over 26,000 customers in a distribution area covering over 129 square miles, and includes over $102,508,913 in assets in four counties and four cities and towns in Northeast Tennessee. This area includes portions of Carter, Sullivan, Unicoi, and Washington Counties; and the cities of Elizabethton, Watauga, Johnson City, and Town of Unicoi.
EED owns and maintains one Primary and eight Distribution substations and over 820 miles of line. EED purchases over 540 millions kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity from TVA annually, at a cost of about 39 million dollars annually. Each fiscal year, EED pays approximately $1,906,000 in tax equivalents to its constituent counties and cities.
EED is governed by the City Council of the City of Elizabethton and is a department of the City.
Elizabethton Electric Department
P.O. Box 790
Customer Service: (423) 542-1100
Power Outage Reporting System: (423) 542-1111
Fax Number: (423) 542-1108