Programs - Outdoor Lighting
For Individual Customers
Any Elizabethton Electric System (EED) rate payer wanting an outdoor light installed may contact our Outdoor Lighting Department. Our security lights are available in several types and wattages to meet your needs. There is an installation charge of $50.00 for just a light and $180.00 for 1 pole and 1 light. Installation charge must be paid at time of sign of contract. You must come to our offices to apply for outdoor lights between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM each weekday.
You will be asked to sign a one year and a three year contract (after a year we just continue to bill you on a monthly basis for as long as you need the light). The contract contains stipulations, which you should understand before you sign. In summary they are:
- All outdoor lights will always remain the property of EED. You simply rent their use.
- All maintenance (bulbs, ballasts, photocells, etc.) will be performed by EED.
- If you are a renter, the property owner must also sign the contract. The owner is obliged to pay rent on the light for a minimum of one year even if the property is vacated.
- Rural lights will only be attached to poles owned and maintained by EED or the local Telephone Company (we will not attach light fixtures to privately owned poles or to buildings).
- Your monthly charge will be based on the type and wattage of the fixture, and the pole to which it is attached. (See rate schedule below).
- The charge for the light will be added to your monthly electric bill.
- The placement of rural lights may not interfere with line or pole relocation or with future line construction.
The types of Outdoor Lights offered by EED are:
- 100 Watt High Pressure Sodium
- 150 Watt High Pressure Sodium
- 250 Watt High Pressure Sodium
- 400 Watt Metal Halide
- 1000 Watt Metal Halide
Monthly rental fee is base on the Electric Rate for that month.
For further information about Rural Street Lights, please contact the EED Street Lighting Department.
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: 423-547-8626